Monday, March 16, 2009

Last days in Ahmedabad

I can't believe we're heading home in less than 2 weeks. I've only got 2 days left at CMF and 3 days left in Ahmedabad.

Dixie and I are heading to Mumbai on an overnight train on Wednesday night, and then on Friday morning, we take a flight to Kerala. Jamshed and Kersas Masa have helped us plan a really packed 5-day trip, but being the idiot that I am, I'm having a hard time looking forward to it since it marks the end of our India trip!!!

In any case, here's the plan:

- Fly into Kochi (Cochin) and go straight to the hill station of Munnar
- 20-22 in Munnar, seeing plantations, villages, waterfalls, etc.
- 22-23 in Thekkady, hopefully seeing plenty of wildlife at the Periyar Wildlife Reserve
- 23-24 in Kumarakom to boat on the backwaters of Kerala
- 24-25 back to Kochi to see the old fort city and spice trade center of Fort Cochin

*Aside: I'm distracted by a hawk that is trying to drive away a flock(?) of pigeons outside my window.

I think I'm going to need to back-fill this blog when I get back home. I've jotted down on paper a good deal more than I've been able to put up here. I've even fallen behind on uploading pictures because Picasa refuses to connect to the web on this laptop.

1 comment:

  1. yeh, that's pretty stupid. hey, so what's it take for you to reply to my comments AND emails!?

    ReplyDelete